GHV Accelerator stands for Green House Ventures Accelerator. Green House is a controlled environment where accelerated growth of plants help to increase the yield of the plants even in non-seasonal phase. On the lines of Green House, GHV Accelerator will be providing Startups with a controlled environment, optimized & appropriate resources, along with sustainability funding, helping them to grow multifold in a shorter timeframe. This enables greater control over the growing environment of Ventures
Anurag Kapoor: Executive Director
- • Anurag is the Ex Co-founder and Managing Director, MEGStrat Consulting, an integrated Research based Consulting Company.
- • Anurag carries more than 10 years of extensive experience in the corporate sector. During this tenure, he acquired skills and expertise in various Business management aspects, spanning the whole business lifecycle. Some of his key expertise areas include business plan development and appraisal, brand promotion and marketing, investment research, business research, market research, strategy formulation, goal setting and leadership development.
- • He is an MBA (Finance) from International Management Institute, New Delhi
Vikram Upadhyaya – Accelerator Evangelist
A Graduate from University of Tokyo and Real Time Operating System Researcher started his entrepreneurial journey way back in 1999. Founding Board Member of India’s Biggest Incubator, Indian Angel Network-Incubator. Nominated Advisor by Telecom Center of Excellence-TCoE, (Govt. Of India’s PPP Innovation Program, operating under esteemed academic institutes of India).
Vikram’s Star Performing Angel Portfolios
Grown from ideas to over 250mn$ ventures in less then 6 years; Clients Like NASA, Google; 300% YoY Growth; Investors like Sequoia, Nexus, Matrix, Tenaya, IAN participated in Series A and above rounds and still growing; Portfolios diversified from Hi-Tech to Media, Finance, Education, E-commerce, Hospitality, etc.
Some of his star performer startup portfolios are : Druva, Stayzilla, Merinews, India College Search, LogiNext, Viedea(exited).
“Angel & Chief Mentor” Vikram is popularly known in India’s Entrepreneurs Ecosystem. – Video Courtesy: NDTV
A Go-Getter Attitude with Entrepreneur at Heart makes his Chemistry Work well with the Entrepreneurs.
A Firm Believer and Practice in his life “Attitude not the Aptitude takes you to the Altitude”
- MASA MATSUMOTO
- MAKOTO TAKANO
- GEN ISAYAMA
- RAJAN ANANDAN
- REHAN YAR KHAN
- SHARAD SHARMA
- SUNIL K GOYAL
- DR. TOMY KAMADA
- SHAILESH VIKRAM SINGH
- PRADEEP GUPTA
- MANISH SINGHAL
- MANISH VIJ
- MUKUL SINGHAL
- UDAY SODHI
- VARUN KHURANA
- PRAJAKT RAUT
- RAJIV SODHI
- NEERAJ KUMAR SINGAL
- DEEPAK SRINATH
Co-Founder & General Partner: World Innovation Lab
- • A native of Kobe, Masataka established the PIM Corporation in 1999, leading it as CEO until its merger with Yahoo Japan.
- • He then went on to serve as president of Yahoo Japan, handling strategic investments and the launch of the ISP Yahoo!BB. He also assumed the role of senior executive of Yahoo! Shopping.
- • Masataka was involved in Softbank’s acquisition of Vodaphone, served as the first director of mobile business development at Yahoo, and headed Softbank’s mobile products and consumer unit.
- • In 2008, as general manager of Yahoo’s R&D division, he managed front-end development for Yahoo services. Since 2011, he has led Yahoo’s new business development as Chief Incubation Officer.
CEO, MT Partners / CEO & Editor-in-Chief, Forbes JAPAN
Founding Partner and CEO, D4V
Makoto Takano is CEO of Atomixmedia Inc., Editor-in-Chief of Forbes JAPAN, and CEO of MT Partners K.K. He is also a Founding Partner and CEO of D4V (Design for Ventures), a new Japanese venture capital firm formed by IDEO and Genuine Startups. Prior to joining Atomixmedia Inc., he was Managing Director and President of PIMCO Japan Ltd. Before joining PIMCO in 2001, he was head of marketing at Goldman Sachs Asset Management. His prior experience also includes work at Daiwa Securities where he was head of the strategists team at Daiwa Institute of Research.
Makoto has published extensively on the capital markets. In 1992, he was awarded Securities Analysts Journal Prize by the Securities Analyst Association of Japan. He has also given lectures on asset management at Waseda University, Kyoto University, Nagoya University and Kobe University. He holds master’s and undergraduate degrees in engineering from Waseda University.
He serves as Director of Nippon Finance Association, International School of Asia Karuizawa (ISAK), Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation, Editorial Board Member of Tokyo Financial Research Co., Ltd., Board Member of Human Rights Watch International Board and Founding Board of Endeavor Japan.
Co-Founder and CEO: World Innovation Lab
- • Gen has extensive experience in venture capital, finance, and entrepreneurship. He founded his first company, a web design consultancy, as a third year student at Tokyo University.
- • Before he co-founded WiL, Gen was a partner at venture capital firm DCM, specializing in Internet media, mobile, and consumer services. Then, at the Industrial Bank of Japan, he led efforts across multiple disciplines, including corporate finance and market risk management.
- • In addition to his work at WiL, Gen authors columns for the Techology section of the Nikkei Newspaper’s digital edition and the Toyo Keizai Online. He is also a popular speaker on venture and innovation.
- • Gen holds a BA from the University of Tokyo’s Faculty of Law and an MBA from Stanford Business School.
Managing Director : Google India
- • Rajan Anandan is an active investor in early stage technology companies in India and US. Rajan brings a deep understanding of technology, a track record of investing in many sectors across technology, first hand experience working closely with founding teams of startups and leading and growing several large technology businesses in US and India.
- • Rajan is currently a Vice President of Google, Inc. In his current role, Rajan is the Managing Director of Google India and is responsible for Google’s operations in India. Prior to Google, Rajan held leadership roles with Microsoft, Dell and was also a Partner with McKinsey&Co.
Rehan Yar Khan
Managing Partner: Orios Venture Partners
- • Rehan has been consistently recognized as India’s leading early stage technology investor, with investments led into OlaCabs, Druva, Jigsee (acquired by VuClip), Sapience, Unbxd, PrettySecrets, DocSuggest and other stellar companies.
- • He has been strong in spotting emerging trends and has picked winners with unparalleled consistency. The capital values of his investments which where collectively Rs. 100cr when going in between 2008 and 2013, are today collectively valued at Rs. 2700cr.
- Successful in scaling investments and ensuring growth capital, with 15 out of 19 of his investments achieving profitability and/or receiving follow on funding (or exits) by Sequoia, Tiger, Matrix, Nexus, Acel, Inventus, Tenay , GTI and other leading Global VC funds.
- • He has an extraordinary annualised I RR of 105% from 2008 to 2013.
- • Built 3 successful businesses: Fresh Floritech, VSG Services and Flora2000
- • Rehan is past Board Member of Indian Angel Network, Founding Member of it’s Mumbai Chapter and a TiE Charter Member. He is a Graduate in Political Science & Economics of the St. Xaviers College, Mumbai.
Co-founder: iSPIRT – India
- • Sharad Sharma is a co-founder of iSPIRT, a non-profit industry think tank that wants India to be a Product Nation.
- • He has held a number of senior executive positions with leading technology companies. Most recently he was a SVP at Yahoo! and CEO of its India R&D.
- • Previously he turned around VERITAS operations in India. He also brought AT&T/Lucent R&D to India as an intrapreneur. He was given the R&D Visionary Award by Zinnov in 2008.
- • Sharad is one of the active technology angel investors in India. He is also an entrepreneur. He co-founded Teltier, now part of Cisco, and is currently the CEO of BrandSigma Inc. Sharad has an Electrical Engineering degree from Delhi College of Engineering.
SUNIL K GOYAL
Founder & Chief Executive Officer: YourNest India
- • Sunil K Goyal currently runs YourNest Angel Fund, an early stage venture fund he conceptualized and founded in 2011.
- • Prior to this Sunil has won recognition for playing instrumental roles in well-known business like Bharti Group & Dabur. As a leader he has actively led transformational change and is a strong proponent of positivity at work place. He has led organization and been in positions of importance as COO / CEO / Director at Airtel, Beetel & Airtel Africa.
- • Sunil is an active member of TiE and a former member of Indian Angel Network & Mumbai Angels. He has led investments in diverse sectors. His passion for early stage ventures has led him to invest in 9 start-ups on his own, before he set-up YourNest, which plans to invest in 10-12 start-ups over the next few months.
- • Sunil is also qualified as a Financial Analyst, Business Economist, and Cost Accountant.
Dr. Tomy Kamada
President & Founder: TomyK Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan)
- • Dr Kamada graduated from the University of Tokyo, and received a Doctor degree in Computer Science from the University of Tokyo. He co-founded ACCESS Co., Ltd. (mobile browser and software) when he was a student, and has led its successful IPO on Tokyo Stock Exchange (in 2001).
- • He is also renowned as the inventor of “Compact HTML” for mobile phones, enabling successful mobile Internet services.
- • In 2012, Dr Kamada founded “TomyK Ltd.” – A Startup Booster, which actively supports young technology startups. One of his portfolio, SCHAFT Inc. (the winner of DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials 2013) was acquired by Google in 2013. He is especially interested in Robotics, Brain computing, DNA analysis, Life healthcare, Aerospace, and Internet of Things.
SHAILESH VIKRAM SINGH
Executive Director: SeedFund India
- • 18 years of experience as entrepreneur, venture investor and corporate strategy professional
- • Was MD with a PE fund for 5 years before moving to venture space
- • Co-founder of Zygote Tech in 1999/2000, Successfully scaled up without any external fund infusion
- • Guest faculty, mentor and jury member at various IITs / IIMs / FMS etc
- • Passionate about Environment / Rural Development / Startups / Technology
- • Fund eCommerce investments ~ DonebyNone.com, DailyObjects.com, Voonik.com, Chumbak.com
- • TIE Charter member
- • B.tech (GB pant – Pantnagar) + MBA – (IIM Lucknow)
Chairman: CyberMedia Group
- • Pradeep Gupta is the Chairman of the CyberMedia Group, South Asia’s first and largest specialty media house, with 13 publications, 12 websites, 100+ events and weekly TV programs in the infotech, telecom, consumer electronics & biotech areas. CyberMedia’s brands include Dataquest, PCQuest, Voice&Data, DARE, MIT’s Technology Review, CIOL.com, Global Services and lifestyle (Abraxas Lifestyle). The group’s media services include market research (CMR) and content outsourcing (Content Matrix Inc). CyberMedia is a public company.
- • Pradeep is also an Angel investor and a mentor to a number of entrepreneurs. He is the co-founder of Indian Angel Network. He is also on the Board of UTI AMC,TiE Global, PanIIT Global, Indian Newspaper Society and Kaleidoscope Entertainment. He has been the past President of TiE Delhi, PanIIT India, Association of Indian Magazines and former board member of IIT Mandi.
- • He is the recipient of the Distinguished Alumni award of IIT Delhi and the Helen Keller award for working in the disability sector.
- • Pradeep is an Engineer from IIT Delhi (1975) and an MBA from IIM Calcutta (1977).
Entrepreneur,Advisor and Angel Investor
- • After doing his engineering from IIT Kanpur in 1992, he has been instrumental in building several products and teams in different startups and established organisations like Sling Media, Ittiam Systems and Motorola.
- • He has contributed to the MPEG standard and also holds two patents to his name in video technology.
Founder & CEO: SVG (Smile Vun Group) – India
- • Manish is a veteran of the digital media industry and has over 14 years of experience in the internet domain.
- • He has founded leading internet companies in areas of digital marketing and e-commerce with international joint ventures and leading venture capital firms. Manish’s entrepreneurial ventures include Quasar, SVG Media, SeventyNine, Letsbuy.com
- • His angel investments include TrulyMadly.com (a matchmaking website that’s trying to disrupt the space in INSEA region), ScoopWhoop.com (a viral content publishing destination) among others.
- • Prior to establishing SVG and Vun Network, Manish was associated with Rediff.com for over 4 years and he also started India’s first digital classifieds business- kabadibazaar.com in 1999.
- • Manish, an MBA in marketing is not only a pioneer in the internet marketing space but also one of the youngest dotcom entrepreneurs. He has represented the Indian digital industry in various domestic and international industry forums, events and seminars.
Principal: SAIF Partners India
- • Mukul Singhal leads early and seed stage investments at SAIF Partners. He invests actively in Consumer Internet and Mobile.
- • He has led SAIF investments in companies like PropTiger, TouchTalent, DSYN Technologies, TravelTriangle, Toppr.com
- • Mukul is a TiE Charter Member and actively participates in the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem. He is B.Tech from IIT Kanpur and MBA from ISB, Hyderabad
Executive Vice President and Head – Sony Entertainment
- • Uday has spent the last 13 years of his 23-year career in the internet business, and has led the Marketing & Business Development teams of companies before moving into strategic general management roles. He brings to the table a deep & insightful understanding of the internet, honed at organizations including Rediff.com, Net4India and Balaji Telefilms.
- • He has served as CEO of HeadHonchos.com, Balaji Telefilms-New Media Business, prior to which he led the subscription, e-commerce & mobile VAS business at Rediff.com, one of India’s leading online portals and a NASDAQ listed company. He has also been associated with Net4India, a leading B2B Internet services company listed on the BSE, that he joined at an early stage, going on to become its COO. Prior to jumping onto the Internet bandwagon he had worked with companies like Madura Coats and Bausch and Lomb.
- • Uday holds a post graduate degree in Marketing from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
CTO at Grofers
- • A serial entrepreneur selected by the Businessworld magazine as one of India’s top 3 youngest entrepreneurs in 2011. His sold his last venture, Wirkle Technologies, to Location Labs which is a silicon valley company and a leader in location based services. He is also an angel investor and invests through the Indian Angel Network. Other than Mygreenbox, his portfolio includes companies like Indiacollegesearch, getshifu.com and Aurus Networks.
- • Varun is an IIT Delhi graduate with several research publications and patents to his credit. He is also an avid runner and runs in the Delhi marathon every year.
Founder: The Hub for Startup – India
- • Prajakt is an entrepreneur, mentor and entrepreneurship evangelist.
- • Prajakt’s personal goal in life is to encourage and assist a 100,000 people to become entrepreneurs.
- • Prajakt started a printing business when he was 17, and later was the founding member of a CRM solutions company.
- • Prajakt was previously the Asia Director of TiE, a part of the founding team of The Hatch for Startups, co-founded Orange Cross, a healthcare services management company.
Managing Director: Godaddy India – India
- • Rajiv carries 15+ years of experience in the IT industry, with a focus on Indian SMB Market and the Internet industry
- • His expertise includes Execution excellence and Business Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- • Evangelism across press, analysts, conferences and events
- • He has completed his Masters in Marketing & Finance, IIPM and BE (Computer Science), MIT Pune
NEERAJ KUMAR SINGAL
Director: SEMCO GROUP – India
- • Neeraj has been an entrepreneur for the past two and a half decades, serving the Rail, Defense and Automotive sectors with his pioneering spirit. He is globally networked, widely traveled, and an expert at government Liasoning & contracting.
- • His major achievements include entering into a JV with Chinese Ministry of Railways for manufacturing which he has been successfully running for the last 10 years. He has helped various overseas companies establish foot in Indian Defense & Law Enforcement market. He is also an advisor/consultant to various foreign companies on Indian Market Strategy.
- • Neeraj is commerce graduate & Harvard Business School (HBS) Alum and exposed to the best global practices, he connects with youth very well.
- • Being a member of organizations like YPO, HBS Club of India (Harvard Business School Alumni), Indian Angel Network, TIE, Neeraj is well connected globally and he loves to connect people. He keeps meeting new global leaders as he keeps attending platforms like WEF (World Economic Forum), Leadership Summits and so on.
- • He just loves to discuss and brainstorm Ideas. In fact, he is very receptive to new ideas and loves to travel unchartered territories. He is also a fast learner.
- • He is always eager to connect with start ups. If the values and philosophies match, he is glad to invest too. He is always looking for investment in startups in any futuristic businesses. He is also incubating & mentoring various startups besides investing.
Member / Affiliations :-
Indian Angel Network, HBS Alumni Angels, Mumbai Angels
Young President Organization (YPO)
HBS Club of India, Tie, FICCI, CII
Cofounder: Phantomhands.in – India
- • Formerly, Founder- Viedea Capital, an innovative advisory firm that helped raise Venture Capital and Strategic investments for several internet and digital technology firms.
- • Deepak currently runs Phantom Hands, an online commerce platform for antiques and vintage objects. Prior to this, he cofounded Viedea Capital, an IAN invested technology investment bank that worked with some of the best startup founders in India to help them with their fundraising and strategic objectives. Success stories include Chumbak, Delhivery, Glocal Helthcare, Peelworks and many more.